Tuesday, June 14, 2011

3 months and climbing!

The pictures of Reece below are one week over-due, but that seems to be my life these days.  I have to chuckle when I think of how Type A/get-er done kind of person I used to be and now, well, although I am still type A, I allow myself more flexibility.  Quite frankly, I just can't do all in one day that I used to, including staying up to date with my blog or following up on emails.  Sigh.  I do believe I have mastered the art of prioritizing and also being ok with letting things go/slide when I have to.  The old type A me would never be satisfied if I didn't complete my list of things to do, but now it is just not that important.  Funny how things/people change when life happens!

So here are some updates on the three of us...
Carlos:
*is in love with his boat
*is the only ortho surgeon at the hospital now and will be on call the entire summer (ugh...)
*is one heck of a daddy
*had more fun than Reece at the Sesame Street Live show last Friday

Missy:
*has yet to go on the boat (waiting until Carlos has given the green light for me and the baby)
*hates call days, but only when I get called in :)
*LOVES being a mommy to little Reece
*is exhausted at the end of each day
*could cuddle and kiss her baby all day.  Thankfully for Reece, I do go to work

Reece:
*"talks" more and more every day
*loves to be smothered in kisses
*gives the biggest smiles
*loves to stick his hands in his mouth and suck on them
*still pulls/holds onto his hair
*is becoming even more aware of things around him - he was mesmerized by the Sesame Street characters dancing/singing and has also discovered his lion friend who is in his monthly pictures (see below)
*still hates his crib
*ROLLED OVER TODAY!

Hello, I'm Reece.  And you are...?

Now that we are friends, let me tell you a secret!

Time for my 3 month picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment