PI objectives:
*work on ways to improve my time management so that I allow myself more time to update the blog
*improve upon my lazy night-time factor (where instead of taking a moment to type, I lay around and watch stupid TV (oh how I do enjoy the Bravo channel) or stream on Netflix
*Actually post the videos/pictures that I take with the intention of putting them on the blog
*Employ my husband to type the blog while I dictate...we all know I enjoy verbal communication so much better :)
Hmmmm...I'm sure there could be more objectives/goals, but that will do for now. I don't want to aim too high :)
A few things going on for us Kennedys:
Carlos FINALLY got the part he was waiting on for his boat so he can now set sail out onto the big blue ocean. I'm sure I won't see him at all this coming weekend! Reece and I are going to wait until after we know everything is a-ok before we don our life vests (yep, they make infant life vests and Reece is ready to put his on!). Hopefully we'll be out there soon and when we do, I'll take pics...and post them!
Reece had his 4 month well-baby appointment last Wednesday. I can't believe it has been 4 months already. Sigh. He weighed in at 12lbs 15oz and 24 1/2 in. He was also given permission from his pediatrician to start on solids (and by solids we are just talking about baby cereal for now). He babbled and smiled during his entire appointment and just charmed his doctor to death. I swear we are in trouble when he is older. He also made sure to do his traditional watering of the exam table. I think it is his way of protesting being stripped down to his birthday suit for an accurate weight. As soon as his naked self is put down on the table the weight comes up and he celebrates by peeing all over the table. We do a repeat performance every appointment. As for the solid starting, he does ok with the whole cereal on a spoon thing. He knows where the spoon is supposed to go, but I really wish he wouldn't try to "help" so much as he usually ends up covered in his cereal trying to put the spoon in his mouth.
Today I discovered a couple uninvited house guests living in our garage. Two little kittens have taken up residence behind our generator. I'm assuming because it is our rainy season (and oh is it ever), their mama found them a nice warm, dry place to bunker down. Mama Cat is still with them and I don't have the heart to drive her out into the rain and back into the boonie animal lifestyle that exists for so many animals of Guam. Her babies need her. So, for now, it looks like we will have garage guests until they up and leave on their own. Not sure if that will actually happen since I'm such a sucker for cute baby faces (human and animal) and started feeding/watering the cat/kittens. Someone should just build me an ark and let me put all the animals who need a home on it. It breaks my heart how many animals need someone to love them.
On that note, I leave you with a video of Reece playing in his exer-saucer/bouncy thingy. Till next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment