Tuesday, April 12, 2011

aaahhh...a moment

A moment may be all that I have.  Reece is sleeping...finally...but I don't imagine for long.  This little boy fights his afternoon naps like nothing I have ever seen!  I would love to be told to go to sleep, but not him!  I guess he thinks there is too many exciting things to stay awake for.  He'll realize soon enough that this is not the case and sleep is best.

So what do I talk about with my few minutes of free time (he doesn't stay asleep very long)?  My maternity leave is winding down...about 2 weeks left, or a little less.  Sigh.  This is one mommy who does not wish to return to work.  I'm sure every new mommy feels this way and I will be able to adjust...heck, I'm sure after awhile I'll even enjoy being back!

Side note:  The first two paragraphs were typed 4 hours ago...I told you he wouldn't be asleep for long!

Carlos and I are just enjoying life with Reece.  There isn't anything like it!  Fortunately for Reece, he has also met and been shmoozed all over by his grandparents...first my mom, followed by Carlos' parents, and soon to arrive are my dad and Betty.  What a lucky kid he is to have all these people who just love him and want to meet him as soon as possible!

Every day I notice something different about Reece in terms of his growing.  Today I happened to pick up on how long his eyelashes are getting.  I was sitting feeding him and was just staring at his adorable little face and thought "my goodness!  His eyelashes are so much longer than they were a few weeks ago!"  Everyday is something new with my growing boy...whether it's physical or just the addition of a new baby word...aka...new babble :)

One of my favorite moments so far has been Reece's discovery of his hair.  It was quite a funny moment, although, not so funny for poor Reece.  See, Reece is still learning that his hands are HIS hands.  He is still at that age where he sees them, but doesn't quite get they are connected to his body and that he controls them.  Well, about a week ago, Reece reached up to his head and grabbed a handful of his own hair.  Problem was he started pulling because he didn't know what it was and he pulls mommy's hair so why not this new hair?!  Well, he pulled...then he screamed...followed by more pulling and more screaming.  He had his hand clenched so tightly on his little wad of hair that it took all I had to get his fingers pried apart and get him to let go.  I shouldn't have been laughing at him, but if you could've seen it, it really was quite funny to watch the little guy pull his own hair and then scream as if someone else was doing this to him.  Poor kid.  Still has so much to learn in life :)

Other than the hair pulling, he is quite the trooper.  He enjoys car rides, but does not like when I stop at red lights.  I think he thinks I stop at them to piss him off since he likes to "yell" at me when the car stops moving.  I hope this is no indication as to how he is going to drive when he is older or he may never be allowed to get his license!

I wish I had more to update about Carlos and myself, but Reece is pretty much our life!  We are getting caught up on our sleep thanks to Reece doing great at night now (knock on wood he stays this way!).  I'm still having a hard time getting things done because this little boy loves to be held, but we are working through some of those harder moments.  During the more difficult times he refuses to be put down I just "wear" my child.  Slip him into his Baby Bjorn carrier and he is in heaven and I have my arms back!

Tummy time!

My new sun hat!  A must have in Guam!

I've been social smiling since 3 weeks old.  It wins everybody over and I get my way.

I'm 4 weeks old in this picture. Yes, 4 weeks.  I just have really long legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment