Monday, October 10, 2011

I'm Sitting Down…Something must be wrong

Hello my dear family and friends!

I'm going to start this off by saying plain and simple, I'm EXHAUSTED!  Don't read this as me whining, I'm just merely stating a fact.  I honestly think the last time I sat down was some time in September.  I'm not really sure since September went by so quickly and the past 6 weeks have been quite a blur.  I have been negligent in keeping everyone up to speed on my little family here in Guam, but blogging while running around doesn't exactly work for me.  So let's see, what can I tell you?  We'll go from youngest to oldest…

Reece has decided to become quite the little person over the past 6 weeks.  He hit 6 months and the world as we knew it changed.  He went through some tough growing pains that even threw his sleep cycle off for a few weeks, which I believe was more painful for Carlos and me :)  Reece sprouted 2 new teeth, taught himself to crawl, taught himself to pull-up, hang on to things while pulled-up and move his legs to get around, learned where his toys are kept in a basket in the living room (bring on the always ever-present clutter of toys on the carpet), knows how to eject the cd in Carlos' Play Station and gets mad when he does hit the button and nothing comes out of the slot, enjoys biting…I don't care if this feels good on his teeth, IT HURTS!, pretty much as eaten every fruit and vegetable that can be pureed and loves it all, likes to put EVERYTHING in his mouth…including the fake decorative grass stuff that is at the bottom of our decorative tree (he's been yelled at enough that he is starting to get the point now), enjoys hanging up on people when I have them on speaker phone on my Iphone (again, I apologize if he did this to you), loves to Skype (translate that to loves to look at the people and then bang his hands on my computer…YIKES!), and overall he is the most curious little boy and succeeds in keeping us exhausted.  For example, today I was folding laundry while he was playing on the floor.  He rounded the corner by our chair (in the direction of his toy basket) and the next thing I knew when I looked over, he had pulled himself up holding onto the floor lamp!  Not exactly the most sturdy of all things to be hanging on to.  He saw me look over and gave me the biggest grin (as the lamp rocked back and forth) he was so proud of himself.  Needless to say, I scooped him up before he could tumble, but I am really considering putting him in a bubble.  The way he stares at the ceiling fan, I know he is just trying to figure out how to get high enough so that he might one day hang on and swing round and round on that fan.  I hear you all saying "he's only 7 months he isn't thinking anything."  Oh but he is.  Trust me.  I can see the look in his eye as he takes it all in and plots :)

As for me, well, I'm sitting down so I'm one happy gal now!  I've just been working, taking care of home life, and enjoying some down time as well with Carlos and friends.  Nothing too exciting on my end, unless you consider household chores exciting.  If that is the case, message me offline and I'll send you paragraphs describing all the laundry and grocery shopping that goes on :)  Fortunately for me, I have a very wonderful husband who recognizes when I just need to take a few hours to myself and go meet up with a friend for coffee or dinner.  I've also been the travel planner in our family and have the 3 of us headed to China (Beijing) in a few days.  We are extremely excited, so be on the lookout for pics and a post upon our return!

The old man has been quite busy at work, but aside from providing for his family by working, he has also been busy out catching our dinners.  I think if my husband could live on his boat, he would.  His knowledge about boating and fishing never ceases to amaze me.  He's been out catching mahi, tuna, and wahu these days.  The rule is though that the fish get "cleaned up" somewhere other than my kitchen.  I love fresh fish, but I really don't need to see my dinner in its full form and all the goo that goes along with making a fish dinner ready.  Carlos also just completed his application for part 2 of his ortho boards which will take place in July.  I know my hubby to know he will rock part 2 just like he did part 1.

I've spent enough time ignoring the pile of towels and sheets that need to be folded so I will say goodnight for now.  I will fold, then sit my butt back down for the season finale of the New Jersey Housewives on Bravo.  Ahhh yes…a guilty pleasure of mine.  Please don't judge.  As a matter of fact, I encourage you to watch it as well because you will love your life x10 when you see just how crazy these folks are!

No comments:

Post a Comment