If any of you out there have seen this winged female creature, could you please point her in my direction?! Other than the wings and a wand, I don't have much to go on in terms of a description. All I do know is that I need her in the worst way. I will be more than happy to pay for her services as well. At this point I will pay any amount to be able to sleep through the night...heck, I'd pay if it meant just waking up only once or twice!
Ah yes, the joys of pregnancy. I would love to know what it is that causes me to wake up, but for now it is a mystery to me. It's not the baby, as he seems content to let me sleep. There hasn't been any middle of the night David Beckham style kicking going on in my belly. It's not my bladder that is waking me up, I get up to pee only because I am awake and I might as well make use of the time. I think last night was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. First I couldn't fall asleep, then when I finally did, I believe I woke up at least 4 times between 11pm and 3am. Finally, at 3:30am, my eyes popped wide open and there I was...awake the rest of the morning. There is nothing more frustrating than knowing that I could be getting another 2 hours in before my alarm goes off, but nope, just laid there. I finally gave up at 4:30 and came downstairs to watch tv (which by the way, tv in Guam at 4:30 is just plain awful...I ended up watching reruns of 'The Nanny'). 5:30 I went back upstairs to shower and get ready for work.
Oh, and let me just tell you how unproductive one can be at work when going off of minimal sleep AND being pregnant. I vowed to never let my pregnancy become an issue at work, but today I failed myself. I sat as much as possible in the OR and even did a little happy dance when the second case of the day "no-showed" and we were done at 12. My sleep deprived brain would not have been able to make it through another OR case.
It is 6:30pm here now and I really really really want to go to bed, but I am scared to even try out of fear that I will fall asleep, but be wide awake at 10pm and be miserable all over again.
WHY SLEEP FAIRY??? WHY CAN I NOT SLEEP?! Help a girl out, will ya?! "They" say pregnant ladies need their rest, but what "they" don't tell you is that pregnant ladies have so much going on with their bodies, they don't get to enjoy the periods of rest they are given. Oh how I'd LOVE to go back to that first trimester exhaustion when I could fall asleep standing up and sleep for hours and hours :)
So all of you out there keep an eye out for the sleep fairy and be sure to give her my address if you see her flying around. In the meantime, I'm going to attempt an early night and try to keep a positive focus and maybe, just maybe I can squeeze in a little extra snoozing....
Good night folks!
Oh hilarious! Sleep Fairy - Ha! It still takes me hours to fall asleep and then I wake up all night long, too. Unfortunately I think it's par for the course. Luckily, once our babies are born, we'll be again so sleep deprived we'll go back to being able to fall asleep in the grocery check out line...
ReplyDelete