Monday, January 3, 2011

8(ish) weeks

Happy New Year everyone!  I still find it hard to believe that 2011 is actually here.  Even more so, I find it hard to believe this baby is going to be making an appearance in roughly 8 weeks.  I say roughly because one never knows for sure when babies will actually come!

I am 32+2 weeks today and was given plenty of reassurance this baby (and mama) are right on par with our timeline.  I had a follow up appointment in OB (I'm still fortunately on the one appointment every 3-4 weeks schedule, although that will change after my next appointment on the 24th and I will probably be on the weekly plan after that).  The provider I saw said my fundal height measurement is spot on as well as baby's heartbeat.  She said I'm doing all the right things in terms of exercise and how much weight I've gained thus far (a total of 18lbs over the course of these past 32 weeks...and let me tell you...I feel every single one of those pounds some days) and told me to keep up the exercising, but to try and take it easier while at work since I'm on my feet a lot.  This is hard to do, but of course I will try!  Every mom-to-be loves to hear that she is doing right by her baby.  I just hope the next however many weeks is as kind to me as the past 32.  Oh, update from my previous post concerning my lack of sleep:  although i still wake up a number of times throughout the night, I have been able to fall asleep and stay asleep for longer periods of time which is making me quite happy :)

In the meantime, Carlos and I are just trying to do all that we want to do before our freedom becomes limited.  We still have baby stuff to take care of over the next few weeks, but we spent the past weekend kayaking and enjoying the Guam sunshine.  My plan for the next weekend or two is to find a few boonie stomps (Guam hikes) that won't be terribly difficult for a pregnant lady.  There are so many great hikes on this island with beautiful final destinations that I just want to get out there and go play!

I'm attaching a picture of Carlos practicing his daddy skills.  Thankfully the baby will be a bit easier to rock than Kona :)

No comments:

Post a Comment