Thanks to my darling husband, all I can hear over and over in my head is Europe singing "The Final Countdown." Hello 1980's. What started the continuous replay of this 80's classic was my realization at dinner that today is January 25th. I said to Carlos somewhat astonished that today is the 25th...and our baby is supposed to be here on Feb 26th. Holy cow! This is it folks!! So of course Carlos started singing "the Final Countdown" and now it is haunting me :)
With this little bit of time to go, of course now my mind is just spinning...do I have everything we need? Have I washed all the clothing and bedding? Is everything set up and ready to go? Do we even know what the heck we are doing?? Of course the answer to all of these questions is "no," but I say this knowing we have done as much as we can to prepare (including mental preparation) and at this point, the rest will just happen. We will continue to cross things off the list...and I'm sure we will continue adding new things to the list as well!
We do have a name for soon to be Baby K...ready for it? His name is _ _ _ _ _ :) I know, I know...that was just cruel, but it was fun for me and since I'm the one feeling like a small house, let me have my fun when I can :) Feel free to attempt to fill in the blanks though...we will not confirm or deny the name until he is here so guess away!
Other than the occasional minor freak out over the baby arriving next month, all Guam Kennedys are doing well. We are both busy at work, which is a nice distraction, but I will admit I'm wearing out much earlier than before. Baby K is just kicking away and Kona is enjoying his play time with his BFF, Donne.
Speaking of being worn out, it is 8pm and I am heading to bed. It was a long day in the OR for me!
Love to all back home!
At least let us know what it starts with...got monogramming to do!
ReplyDelete