Thursday, February 17, 2011

boys...

Hello everyone

I haven't written because I haven't had much to say.  I'm still incubating so no new updates in the baby department.  8 more days until my due date.  I'm feeling good, but as most of you know, I'm very ready for this baby to make his debut.  I'm trying to practice that little "p" word that I seem to lack...PATIENCE :)

Funny story from over the weekend.  Carlos and I were doing our weekly grocery shopping trip at the commissary.  As those of you who are/were military know, when you shop at the commissary the grocery baggers also take your grocery bags outside for you and load them into your car.  The only compensation the baggers get for working are from the tips given out by the patrons of the commissary after the bags are loaded.  Anyway, our bagger during this trip was a younger guy (I'm estimating about 18 y/o ).  He was very nice and was trying to engage us in small talk by asking random questions about the baby.  So while he is loading the bags into our car and I'm fiddling around in my purse to get some money out for the tip, this bagger proceeds to ask us "so who is the father of the baby?"  WHAT??!!  Carlos and I both responded in shocked unison "him"/"me!"

We laughed so hard about it when we got in the car because first, who asks a question like that to begin with, let alone in front of the man standing there with the pregnant lady, and second, the kid realized what an idiot he was the minute it was out of his mouth.  I truly believe he thought for a moment "there goes my tip," but, I just felt sorry for him and his awkward attempts at small talk while loading our groceries and gave him a tip anyway...even if his question was completely inappropriate.  Again, WHO ASKS SOMETHING LIKE THAT??!!  We still find ourselves chuckling over that moment.  From time to time I'll say to Carlos "hey, who is the father of my baby?" just so we can laugh about it all over again.

Is this the kind of teenage boy awkwardness/no common sense that I have to look forward to with raising a boy?  I guess if anything I am more aware now that you have to start educating boys early to proper conversation topics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment