My feelings on this are any time after Saturday he wants to meet us, he is more than welcome :) I have 24 more days until my due date, but I'm willing to NOT make it to the final day...or any day past! As I put on my Facebook page, Carlos put his bet on Feb 28 for the arrival and my money is on Feb 20 (due date Feb 26). We'll see! Of course I have no problems going into labor on Feb 7 (Monday...otherwise known in Guam as Super Bowl MONDAY because of the time difference). The way I see it as our OR schedule currently stands, I'm not going to be able to watch any of the game. However, if I am laboring on the mother/baby unit, then I can watch the entire game :) It's a nice thought, but I know it isn't going to happen! Go Steelers!
Let's see...what else to share...
On Sunday two friends here in Guam hosted a baby shower for me. It was so nice to be able to celebrate my first pregnancy and my little man, but it was hard not having any of my friends/family from the states there to celebrate as well. To quote Eunisia, one of my all time favorite patients, "such is life." I had a great time at the shower, ate some yummy food, celebrated with very nice gals, and Baby K received some great gifts. I really do think I'm going to have the best dressed baby boy on this island!
There is a pic of me below taken at the shower...I had just turned 36 weeks. There are a bunch more, but they were sent to me on Facebook and I haven't figured out how to save them from there to my Iphoto. If you have FB, go check them out there!
I'm still going strong at work, although I definitely tire out a lot faster. As crazy as this sounds, I prefer the really busy days at work where I am constantly moving in the OR and dealing with multiple cases lined up. The busier I am, the more tired I get by the end of the day and the better I sleep at night! I'm not so sure that's what I should be doing, but if it means good sleep then I'm all for it! The funny thing was yesterday it was Carlos' room that was busy and ran long. My own husband wore out his prego wife! My "retaliation" was informing him before the end of his case that I am too tired and therefore will not be cooking dinner :) And I stuck to it too! I came home and went horizontal on the couch.
As Carlos and I prepare ourselves for the unknown over the next few weeks, we will try and stay on top of our blog. I always try to do a weekly entry, but bear with us if we get a little off track! Kona is absolutely wonderful and smart, but his typing skills are a little sloppy with those big ol' paws or else I'd have him do entries for us :)
Enjoy some pics!
| The 3 Amigos |
| not even 5 minutes later and everyone is napping... |
![]() |
| 36 week baby bump! |

No comments:
Post a Comment