Hi everyone! After much thought and debate about whether or not I could be a blogger, or would want to be a blogger, I have decided to give it a whirl. I figure one of three things will happen...1. I will surprise myself and find that I enjoy doing this and keep at it; 2. I will grow bored (or just forgetful) and will stop posting on the blog; or 3. you will all have zero desire to follow my blog and therefore by default it will come to an end! I hope you will at least visit my site from time to time to stay tuned in. Since my husband likes to tell me that I talk...a lot...this actually could turn out to be a pretty good thing for me to do!
I thought this would be the easiest way to keep everyone up-to-date on the Kennedys of Guam. Some of you do Facebook, some do not. Some check email, some do not. Pictures end up everywhere in the hopes that I hit the majority of people, so consider this my way to maintain the chaos and giving all of YOU the decision on how much or how little you want to know what is going on.
Carlos and I decided to just throw two big life changing events at ourselves at once. Along with moving half a world away and all the adventures that will bring, we also decided it was time to challenge ourselves with that non-stop, sleep-deprived, ever chaotic entry into parenthood. As most of you know, Baby K (this is the temporary name assigned until Baby K is born...mostly because I predict agreeing on a name is going to be a looooooong process :) ) is due February 26th. I want to use this blog to keep our family and friends as updated as possible on all the joys Baby K is bringing his mommy and daddy...from pregnancy, birth, and beyond! It does make me sad that Baby K won't get to meet a lot of you until he/she is a toddler, but hopefully if I can stay on top of this blog, I will be able to share all the wonderful moments we are having with him/her.
Island life is sure to be a lot of fun for us and I hope to be able to share just how wonderful Guam is with all of you. Unlike Gilligan who went out for a 3 hour tour, the Kennedys' will most likely be gone for roughly a 3 YEAR tour, but at least we went more prepared...clothing, shelter, our dog, cars, and most important...a way to communicate with the outside world!
On that note, I will wind up this first post and clue you all in to its existence!
No comments:
Post a Comment