Today my husband turned 36! Happy birthday to the best hubby ever! It's a little sad for us Kennedys that we cannot be together to celebrate his special day together. Bear in mind as I type this, Carlos' birthday is today (25th), but for Carlos, his birthday was yesterday (Guam=14 hour time difference from EST). Either way, this is a very big birthday. I know normally it is the 21st birthday, 30th, 50th, and so on (some of you are lucky enough to celebrate your 90th!) that get all the recognition as the "special birthdays," but in this case, turning 36 for Carlos will be the year his life changes forever. My hubby has accomplished a lot in his 36 years of life...and has sacrificed a lot in his 36 years to achieve these accomplishments. Everything he has done he busted his butt for and lost a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and sleep along the way. Well, this 36th year of his life will be no different! This is the age he will be when his first born child comes into this world. So see? No different...still lots of blood, sweat, tears, and sleep to lose! :)
All kidding aside, he will always remember this birthday year as the year he became a daddy and I don't think it gets any more special than that. I can't wait to see him hold our little boy/girl for the first time! He is going to be a terrific father...for those of you who have seen him in action, he is a natural around kids!
So Carlos, I promise you I will bake your birthday brownies when I get to Guam and since you already opened your presents a couple of weeks ago (impatient, are we?) all I can do now is send you lots of birthday wishes across the world and hope that Kona at least took you out for a beer to celebrate :) This is going to be an amazing year for us so happy 36th!!!! I love you!
Happy belated to Carlos! We love you guys!
ReplyDelete