Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Temptation at its finest

Before me sits an envelope.  Standard white business envelope.  The type of envelope that goes in and out of mailboxes every day.  The kind that when you see you don't particularly pay too much attention to because after all, it is just an envelope.  However, the envelope that is laying on the table staring back at me (taunting me) contains a piece of information that I am dying to find out.  Inside this tease of an envelope is a piece of paper that contains either a 4-letter word...girl, or a 3-letter word...boy.

Yes folks, this envelope contains none other than the gender of my baby.  I had an ultrasound a couple of hours ago and I asked the technician to please write down the gender, if she could tell, and SEAL the envelope back up.  So not only did she write it down when I stepped out of the room to use the little girls room, she also sealed up 3 pictures in the envelope that may or may not have given me an idea.  To make me even more curious, she gave her disclaimer that they all must give (there is a 1% chance that she could be wrong), but when I pressed her further and said, "I understand the need for the disclaimer, but lets talk about this baby...are you 1% or less than 1% of your certainty."  She smiled and said "I'm 99.9% comfortable with what I wrote down."  OH MAN!  Talk about wanting to rip open the envelope!

Some of you know why this info is sealed up, but for those who don't, here is why:  when Carlos and I discussed finding out the gender vs. not finding out, we agreed to find out...he wanted to more than me and well, I can give him this one :)  However, for me it was important that we find out together since he was the one who really wanted to find out anyway.  Well, it's quite a pickle with him being in Guam and me and my pregnant belly being in Jacksonville.  So thanks to a suggestion of having it written down and sealed up, and thanks to Skype, we can now find out together!  The problem is I just have to find the patience within me to wait until we can video Skype (hopefully tomorrow morning).  IT'S KILLING ME!  This envelope is certainly a test, but one that I will pass with flying colors because it's too important to me that Carlos and I do this together.  There is nothing better than seeing each other's reactions.

So stay tuned and you may just find out real soon whether we have Baby Boy K or Baby Girl K debuting in February!

Sorry no ultrasound pics attached.  I don't have the means to scan right now and when I tried to take a picture of a picture, it turned out way too blurry.  I'll see what I can do to get one on here!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a clever idea! P.S. I love your blog style already! I can't wait to find out... don't keep us waiting too long!

    ReplyDelete